This third game in the Borderlands series takes gamers to Pandora's moon for trippy, space-based first-person-shooter action. The gravity is variable, the atmosphere is non-existent, but the weapons and loot are so, so plentiful. Back is the over-the-top, frenzied FPS-meets-RPG action, but this time there are new vehicles, new weapons, new environments, and new playable characters. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel expands upon the engine and gameplay of Borderlands 2 and introduces new mechanics including anti-gravity, freeze weapons, and oxygen tanks which can be used to navigate environments and perform special attacks. You play as a member of the Hyperion Corporation and fight alongside Handsome Jack, the villain of Borderlands 2, with one of four new characters, each with his or her own abilities and play style.
- Get High on Low Gravity: Leave the comforts of Pandora behind and travel across the low-gravity frontiers of Pandora's moon, Elpis. Go beyond shoot-and-cover by leaping high across the surface to slam down on enemies from above using the new oxygen resource. Add an entirely new dimension of verticality, strategy, and fun to the genre-blending "shoot n' loot" gameplay.
- Be an Anti-Hero as One of Four New Vault Hunters: Fight alongside Handsome Jack as four new vault hunters contributing to the rise of the corrupt Hyperion Corporation, each with unique skill trees, action skills, and play styles. Use Wilhelm the Enforcer's "Air Power" to summon powerful combat drones to aid the party in combat, or use Athena the Gladiator's "Kinetic Aspis" to absorb incoming damage and convert it into energy unleashed on enemies. Players can also choose from Nisha the Lawbringer and the most unpredictable character of all...
- Playable Claptrap?!: For the first time ever, play as the most emotionally dependent robot in all of Pandora! This combat-ready Claptrap has been reprogrammed for love and war. Okay, mostly war. Marvel at his low first person perspective. Stand in awe of his offensive capabilities. Be amazed at his ability to climb stairs...yes, really.
- The Rise of Handsome Jack: Be there to witness the rise of Handsome Jack firsthand, and his transformation from a man intending to bring order and security to Pandora into the ruthless tyrant seen in Borderlands 2 - constantly seeking fortune, power, and infamy.
- Loot All New Weapons, Vehicles, Elements and More: Find new enemies, vehicles, weapon and damage types to kill, ride and loot. With the addition of "Cryo", players now can freeze their enemies and shatter their bodies into tiny little pieces that float through space, while the new Laser weapon type adds to the variety of weapon combinations. Low-gravity mayhem awaits, so grab a space suit, and bring your friends!
- The Full Borderlands Experience That You Know and Love: Fans can expect a full Borderlands experience that includes the return of dynamic co-op, gazillions upon gazillions of weapons, character customizations, skill tree progressions, surprise cameos, and much, much more.
- Players: 1-2 Players
- Memory: 2 MB to save game
- Sound: In-Game Dolby Digital
- HDTV: 720p, 1080i, 1080p (separate cables may be required)
- Xbox LIVE Features: Online Multiplayer, Friends, Content Download, Leaderboards, Xbox Live Family Settings, Achievements, Online Co-Op
- System: For use only with Xbox system with "NTSC" designation
Note: In available games, paid subscription required for online multiplayer; some features and downloads require additional storage, hardware, and.or fees. Xbox LIVE requires broadband Internet access, 256 MB memory or greater, and parental consent for users under 13.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.